Monday, November 4, 2013

Week of Nov. 3, 2013

Alright, this last week has been crazy, just kind of up and down really. Mainly just the air of transfers was stressful, we were busy just packing, and having Elder Hatch say goodbye to everyone. We taught a lot this last week, and nearly hit our mission standard. I was so happy. Basically, my week was very normal, just busy durring the first half, teaching people and actually getting referalls from members, finally! And then came Wednesday.
Wednesday morning we picked up the Elders who were in Thompson (the area Elder Hatch transfered to) and spent the day with them. We packed up elder Hatch, and dropped him off at the Grayhound station that night. I was then with Elder Schofeild for the night, and we went and taught my investigator, Jason and actually got somewhere. It was a really nice lesson. And we had really nice studies on Thursday morning.
Basically on Thursday we didn't have much to do untill transfer meeting, and I got my new companion, so we went and got what's called poutein. It's basically fries, mixed with gravy and cheese. It's really good, but sounds not so much. After poutein, we went to transfer meeting, I gave a sister in my district a blessing, and I met my new compainion, Elder Martin. He's a Small town, red-neck from Idaho. He's laid-back and we get along great. Although, we don't have a lot in common, but I get along with just about everyone.
It was nice that it was Halloween, and we had to be done teaching by 5, so we just did some stop by's, and then went to Ed's and had a fire for the rest of the night. So when Elder Hatch was here, he was here for a transfer before me and knew the area really well, and knew everyone it seemed. And so all of the sudden he's gone, and I wake up Friday morning, the stress hit. I'm suddenly left to take care of this area, as the junior comp. as the trainee, who doesn't know the area, or the people at all, and Elder Martin's looking at me wondering where to go, or who everyone is. I didn't know what to do, and started stressing out. I just turned to what I already knew, and just worked through it and it got a little better.
By Sunday, It started to get a little better. Church was normal, and the weather wasn't dismal and brown as it had been the last couple of days. After church and all of our studies, we walked to our appointments/stop bys which were on the edge of our area, which the walking calmed me down a lot. And lets just say today's a much needed p-day. But I'm relaxed now, and ready to go to work.
One thing that is bugging me, but I hear I should be greatful, is this slow decend into winter here. The weather is really bi-polar. Today it's been really nice, and I don't even need a jacket. And it hasn't even snowed yet. Winter's still not even here, and everyone said we should have had snow by Halloween. But I should be greatful, I mean, this is Winterpeg.
Well, if I sounded dipressed in this letter, I'm not. I'm really happy and exctied for the upcomming weeks here in Winnipeg. Elder Martin's great, and i'm exctied to finish my training with him. Anyways, I love you guys!
Elder Sorenson

No comments:

Post a Comment