Monday, October 28, 2013

Week of Oct 27, 2013

My dear friends and family,
 
I just want to start off and say that I hope you all have felt the charity I have for all of you. I use that in an interesting way. Because It's not just my love that I have for you, but Christ's love. His pure love, and he has it for all of us, freely. It's truly amazing.
 
Well let's get started with some crazy stories of the great white north shall we? Well this week has been an other long one, we built a lot of member relations, and didn't teach a whole lot of investigators. We did teach Joe, who's been stuggling with smoking and drugs, but he's really turned his life around, and i'm super proud of where he's at, but he's not keeping commitments too well, like reading assignments, and coming to church, which is really sad.
 
Now the best two parts of this week, were thursday, and friday. On thursday, we got to do some of our regular service of raking some leaves for a former investigator named Ken, he had a TON of leaves, it took 11 leaf bags (in Canada you can't use plastic garbage bags. It's illigal, so you use Leaf bags). I'll send some pictures, because The pile was huge. Anyways, after we raked his leaves, we headed out to Starbuck, which is a little town 45 minutes outside of Winnipeg, where we teach a less-active member. I finally got a taste of how flat it actually is out here in Manitoba. It's crazy, but it's beautiful! We spent a couple hours at his beautiful house doing some service, he fed us lunch, and we had a good discusion, but he's a little crazy.
 
On friday we got our transfer calls. Now in the Canada Winnipeg Mission, Transfer calls are not a small thing. I don't know how they are in other missions (Matt and Jake help me out here). But in the CWM, it takes hours of plainning and things, and transfer calls every 6 weeks are like Christmas, because of the size of my mission, you could basically get transfered to a whole new province, you could be 12 hours away, you could go state side, you could even open a new area! You never know! But basically, in maybe a state side mission, you get your call, you pack up, you transfer, and you're in your new area in hour or two right? not in my mission. Things get a little intence.
 
So here's calls. I'm staying here in winnipeg to finish up my training and welcome my new companion, Elder Martin. (the best part is, his name tag is on Pg. 123 of PMG) while my companion is going to Thompson, Manitoba. That's 10 hours North of Winnipeg! But the thing is he is going to load up onto a grayhound bus on Wednesday night, drive 12 hours to Flin-Flon, SK and meet his new comp. there, load up a car, and drive an other 4 1/2 hours to Thompson. That's how big my mission is. Crazy, no? So I'm in a tri-pan that night, I'm excited and this week is going to be busy!
 
Well, it's getting progressivly colder. They keep saying there'll be snow by halloween, but that's on Thursday so we'll see! No snow quite yet. I hear there's snow back in Utah, is that true? Well, I love you guys, you're really great. I'm just about to tear it up hear in Canada, because Elder Hatch and I preped this area, and Elder Martin and I will just baptise everyone. I'm really looking forward to the comming months.
 
Elder Sorenson

No comments:

Post a Comment