Monday, April 14, 2014

Week of April 13, 2014

Alrighty. What to yack about this week? Well, transfers is upon us. And unlike the last three transfers, Some change is finally happening. I'm getting a new comp from winnipeg that served in the same zone as me. His name's Elder Scholars. He's from Idaho and is a really good missionary. I'm excited. But Elder Hindes is leaving me after 4 1/2 months and is going to Brandon, Manitoba so I'll be stuck here in Prince Albert for at least an other transfer so going on 6 months here! 

This last week was good, but we didn't teach a whole lot. We did a lot of walking around a met a whole bunch of people. The snow started to melt at the beginning of the week so people started to walk around, so that was nice. We met this one guy named Ernie who lives on the 11th floor of an apartment downtown and it over looks the river. He apparently has an incredible view so I'll have to check it out! We also started to teach Eric's mom out on a reserve where she lives. She's great, very interested in the church. We knocked on her door and she let us right in! It was solid. 

This last weekend we went an hour east of town to Melfort for a zone conference/service project. The zone conference was great! It was held in their branch building out there and could barely hold all 52 missionaries in two zones. My mission pres talked about "What can I change from sitting in this meeting today?" It changed my perspective on a lot of things. It was the spiritual reboost I needed. That night we had a fireside that he also spoke at and he shared some of his float plane stories from Ketchican, Alaska. I like to think he's a little like Pres. Uchtdorf because he relates the gospel to airplanes and how good he is at flying them. 

The next morning we did a service project. We canvased for the melfort food bank which was a lot of fun. We got to wear those ugly yellow vests. But it was good. the one downside was, It snowed this weekend. A lot. It dumped 6" on us. We were not happy, the snow was just about gone! But now it's back haha, welcome to spring time in Saskatchewan. 

Sunday was great. I got to speak in church, along with Elder hindes and jordan who are leaving. I always like speaking in church. Never thought I'd say that till now haha. But after church we visited some less-actives that sadly didn't come to church, but that elder hindes wanted to say bye to so that was fun. This next week is booked with meal appointments. It almost seems like if you have a companion that has been here for 6 months, then finally leaves, the ward will suddenly love you. Maybe that'll happen when I leave because I have the potential for being here for 7 1/2 months. 

That's essentially my week. This next Friday we travel down to Regina, then on Saturday we have the mission conference with Elder Christofferson, then I get my new comp. We're going to be way busy. I'm way excited! Wahoo! 

Well, I love you all and thanks for all your prayers and support.
This is Elder Sorenson
Signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment