Monday, April 28, 2014

Week of April 27,2014

Hey everyone. This last week was pretty good. The weather was not so much, but we did a lot of work, and my new comp and I just hammered right into missionary work. We saw a couple of miracles and stayed busy. I think the biggest thing is I've felt like I've been in PA for forever and I've seen the area grow, and now die a little bit. So I've been waiting for a change for a while. But for now, I'm going to work as hard as I can to get this area back up to where it was.
As for this last week we did a lot of walking. We tried to street contact as many people as we could. And the weather didn't really cooperate with that. We got snow last weekend and I thought that was the last big dump of the season. Boy was I wrong. Tuesday was very nice. It got up to +15c and the snow all melted (finally) but the next day it rained, and as of this morning, we now have 4' of wet snow on the ground. We can't win! haha. 

Interesting thing happened on Tuesday though. We were walking to contact a potential and we heard a guy playing and singing his guitar. Elder Schollars saw a drumset through the window and told me to go knock on the door and see if he was willing to jam and listen to our message. I have been itching to play since I came out so I didn't hesitate. The guys name was Jovani, and he let us right in, we jammed for a bit, and it turns out he's an inactive member of the church! He moved from Alberta and just never had contact again. I don't know if he'll come back to church, but at least we made his day, as well as mine. 

The rest of the week was mainly spent teaching/contacting former investigators, setting up appointments, visiting my favorite less-actives who sadly won't come to church. But we got to see Sister Daniel's husband's (who's not a member but loves missionaries) man cave. He has a huge starwars collection and is nuts about it. He has a room full of collectables that blows my mind. He even has a starwars edition X-box. It was simply amazing. and meeting with the Birds as well. The Birds didn't make it to church yesterday and I don't know why. Their whole family can be baptized if they started coming to church. So if any of you guys could pray for them it'd be grand. 

Well that's my week in a nutshell. I wish the weather would clear up a bit. I love the snow. Just not when it's almost may. haha, but the rain this last week was nice. My comp's from Washington State, and it reminded him of home. It's just been so wet, so there's been no one out. So that my dear friends is spring time in Saskatchewan- April 28th, and 4' of wet snow on the ground. Wahoo. 

Love you all, thank you so much for your prayers and support.

-Elder Jake H Sorenson

No comments:

Post a Comment