Monday, May 5, 2014

Week of May 4, 2014

Tanzi! (I just felt like being like all of my friends in foreign missions that use their mission languages. So I used mine.) This is cree (native) for hello.

This last week was pretty good. I'm really happy that it's finally May, although it did snow pretty hard on Tuesday, but that's all gone now. It was a relatively slow week, but most of our efforts payed off. We walked around a lot, and most of our appointments fell through but did get rescheduled to next week. It didn't help a whole lot that a sister in our district was sick, then got my comp sick, then he got my sick. And I refuse to take a sick day because we need the blessings of hard work! haha. 

Tuesday was pretty good. We met with someone I contacted named Joell. We taught her the restoration and she ate it alive. She's catholic but said that she'd be willing to learn more next week so we'll see how she turns out. We also met with the Birds this last week. It wasn't as crazy as normal. We took our recent convert Eric with us and we taught them about eternal families. And did everything we could to get them to church, but one thing lead to another and they didn't make it:( the only thing holding them back from their whole family from being baptized is coming to church. so It breaks my heart when they don't come because they want to be baptized so bad. 

Couple of things that I've noticed about Prince Albert in my 5 months here is that people are more open here then in other spots in the mission. It's a small town so people will talk to you and wave and what not. It's great. We've been able to find investigators at least every week I've been here. It's been pretty great. All we need to do is put our selves out there and let the hand of the Lord bless us. Also funny note. I've been here long enough that i'll call home on Christmas and Mother's day using the same member's computer, phone, everything. It's been too long haha.

At the end of the week, on Sunday I had triple duty in church again. I love doing it because I feel busy. I call it triple duty because I play the piano in Sacrament meeting, then I teach sunday school, then I play the piano in Primary as well. It's a lot of fun. 

So that's my week. Or at least everything that was note worthy. Well, Love you guys, and thank you for all your prayers and support!

-Elder Sorenson

No comments:

Post a Comment