Monday, May 26, 2014

Week of May 25, 2014

Wow, what a week. I don't even know where to begin. But I guess I'll just start here:
It's Finally spring time! and it is HOT in Saskatchewan. I would have never guessed that. It's been about +35 this last week which is in the 90's. Just crazy. But everything is finally turning green, and it's just beautiful up here in Prince albert. Anyways, it's time to dig down to a couple of stories from this last week.

Monday night our Zone leaders came up from Saskatoon, we had Elder Schofield and this next transfer is actually his last, so It was most likely the last time that I'll see him. It was pretty sad. So we had a lot of fun. 

Also, as many of you now know, on Tuesday, we got the Facebook as a mission. We can use it for proselyting purposes only. So basically gospel conversations, questions, posts, lessons, friend shipping, Things of that nature. I've been trying to add a bunch of people around PA and the mission, so don't feel bad if I haven't added you back home. My facebook name is Elder Jake Sorenson. Feel free to add me. 

Alrighty, So yes, we did have a baptism this last week. My comp, the district leader, actually interviewed two people for baptism this last week. It was great. He interviewed the one who got baptised on saturday, and the one who is this next week who's been investigating a while. We're all excited for her. But the one who just got dunked, her name is Diva Jobb. I actually found her, and taught her a little bit, but then I handed her over to the sisters. That was 6 months ago. They finally set a baptismal date, and I got the opportunity of baptizing her this last Saturday. It was truly amazing. Her whole family is coming back into activity and they were so proud of her. 

Sunday we got a new bishopric. The existing Bishopric was struggling. They were basically all less active. The bishop worked in the states, so he was never there. We brought the situation up to the stake level to make some changes, and they happened yesterday. We got a whole new bishopric of power houses, but we all knew who it was going to be, and it was going to happen. 

One last thing. I'm finally leaving Prince Albert. I'm so sad. I don't want to leave this place! After spending 1/4 of my mission here, and getting to know basically everything about this area, it's practically home. But the Lord needs me elsewhere. I'm being transferred to the smallest area in the mission. It's a tiny little town called Gull Lake, Saskatchewan. It's an hour away from the closest missionaries, and it'll be just me and my comp. And the closest church house is also an hour away. I'm excited, but really scared at the same time. I feel like I'm leaving home again. 

That's me this week. I love all you guys, thank you for all your prayers and support!

-Elder Jake Sorenson

No comments:

Post a Comment