Monday, June 2, 2014

Week of June 1, 2014

Crazy week. It all basically started off when everyone wanted to see me to say goodbye. It's nice that they wanted to see me, but where were you two weeks ago?! but anyways, it was nice. Monday and tuesday I basically spent trying to see everyone to say goodbye, and teach them a final lesson before I left. I also had to find time to pack. And It turns out that spending 6 months in PA, I collected a lot of junk. So that was fun.
On Monday we drove up north a bit and Visited a less active. It was raining all day, but the drive was beautiful! I loved it. Once it was warm there, everything turned green. super green. And it was pretty. Tuesday was the busiest day. We had non stop appointments with people and everyone wanted to feed me. No wonder I've gained weight haha. But Luckily we made it through the day and I took tons of pictures, and Actually got packed. On wedensday morning we packed up, and I went and visited someone on the res real quick for breakfast and then we were gone, and I cried leaving Prince Albert. It was no bueno. 

The drive Wednesday was amazing. Comprising Wednesday and Thursday, I got to see all the big cities in Saskatchewan, which most missionaries don't get to do in a single transfer. I was able to drive through Prince Albert, Saskatoon, Regina, Moose Jaw, and Swift Current. It was fun. We spent the night in Regina where we got to attend the temple. It was truly unique because we did a session with all missionaries. Lots of fun, and then I got my new comp, and the next day we drove to Gull Lake. 

Gull Lake is great. It's TINY! it's a town of about 900 people. We have church in Swift Current which is half an hour away, and we do tons of service. Gull lake was opened 6 months ago for Missionaries, and they haven't taught a whole lot, but Everyone loves us and knows who we are. I hope that we can turn it around because I feel like this is my transfer to prove myself to President Thomas. My Companion's Name Is elder Blackburn. He's great. He's from Vernal, and him and I know eachother well. We Served in the same district for 3 months in Winnipeg, So we just hit it right off the bat.

One last note-worthy thing. This last sunday we had stake conference. All of Canada did. The reason being was because Henry B. Eyring was broadcasting from salt lake to all of Canada. It was fantastic. He spoke with Elder Holland, and Elder Perkins from the 70, and Also Sister Burton of the RS. They spoke a lot on the Atonement, as did our stake president. They spoke on the need of cleaning the inner selves, and being able to utilize the atonement.

That's me this week! Really excited for this next transfer! Love you guys and thanks for your prayers and support!

Elder Jake Sorenson

No comments:

Post a Comment