Monday, June 23, 2014

Week of June 23, 2014

This week was probably one of the fastest of my whole mission! Can't believe it's been almost 10 months since I left home, but time is just getting faster and faster. I'm loving Canada, and the sun is up for almost 22 hours a day! crazy. Super bummed to miss out this week on my bro's wedding, but Congratulations to my brother Matt, and his new wife Shelby. I'm super happy for you guys, now all my brothers are married..... No pressure hey?
Let's get down to my week, because let's be honest, that's the whole reason you read my email anyway.... It actually went really well, We had a ton of rain! we're in what's known as Saskatchewan's rainy season. Super fancy, I know. But I haven't seen Canada over 30*C. which is about 92*f, and that was only one day, usually it's around 22*c which is room temperature and it's been really nice. Tuesday we took a long drive to Regina for Zone conference. It was a lot of fun, and our mission president actually got mad for once. It was glorious. He rebuked the "piles" in the mission that slacked off and weren't taking care of either their apartments, or weren't waking up on time. I just spent the whole time enjoying it because I was just happy that I was an obedient missionary and I wasn't called to repentance. It was a great meeting though. Learned lots about how to teach better to the family level. 

After the conference we got the new windsheild wiper arm we needed for our car and headed back to Gull Lake. After we got to Swift Current it started to rain. Hard. It was bad enough that our District leader asked us to spend the night in Swift, and drive back to Gull lake in the morning. Yay for 2 full days out of my area.... 

On monday we had a potential named Ann get back from vacation. She went on a bus tour of all of Canada. On Wednesday she invited us to sing with her church's chior. We did, and it was a lot of fun, but I didn't like their hymns. Mainly because they're wrong, but the tune was just not spiritually uplifting at all. But on Friday we had lunch with her, helped her with some service, and taught her a little about our church. This next week she accepted to take the lessons with a member, Super excited for her. 

Saturday and Sunday were spent in swift surrent. We went to a kite festival and volunteered. It was an international event with kites from around the world. It was pretty neat. Untill it rained on Saturday. Sunday was better. I'll send some pictures. I got pretty sunburnt from it. So that's pretty much my week. It went by quick! as is this transfer!

Love you guys and thanks for everything.

Elder Jake Sorenson  

No comments:

Post a Comment