Monday, June 30, 2014

Week of June 29, 2014

This past week was the most successful week i've had since I've been in Gull Lake. It wasn't anything huge, but we finally started to see blessings. I know that it was a direct result of our hard work, and patience.
We had an exchange on Tuesday which was pretty fun. I went with my district leader. I miss being the DL's comp. But it was a fun exchange. I took him to Gull Lake, and we did some service to the community and had a dinner appointment with the Parsons. We got permission from our zone leaders to watch a movie called the Saratov approach. It's about two missionaries in Russia that get kidnapped in 1998. It's pretty great and tells an amazing story on the power of prayer. 

I told you about Ann last week. We were able to bring some members out from Swift current and sit down and teach her about the restoration. It was pretty good. The members weren't the best, but they were willing. The spirit was so strong at the end of the lesson. Every time that I feel that spirit testify through me, it always confirms my testimony that the Book of mormon is true. 

Friday was a very funny day. First, there's a lot of birds in Gull Lake. So we're headed to the library to teach a lesson. Right as I got out of the car, I felt something hit my head and shoulder. I looked down, and it was bird poop. Sick! I turned to Elder Blackburn and told him, we both laughed really hard, got back in the car and drove back to our place, so I could get cleaned up. We're still laughing about it. Some people would call that good luck I suppose.  

There's a part member family that we've been trying to work with since the area opened. Paul, the husband is a member, but Wendy his wife is not. We do service for them a lot by cleaning out the movie theatre they own. We were able to meet them that way. We were pretty shocked because all the records say they're rude, but they're so nice, and they love us. On Saturday, they invited us over for supper. We were able to get to know them more and share a spiritual thought and learn about their concerns and find out why they're less-active. It was truly amazing. 

Other than that, that is my week. I'm loving Gull Lake. I get my transfer call on Friday, so I'm excited for that. I'll probably stay though.

Thank you guys for everything. 


Elder Jake Sorenson 

No comments:

Post a Comment