Monday, July 7, 2014

Week of July 6, 2014

Man, this last week flew by pretty quick! It's also pretty great when you have a Canadian holiday, and an American holiday, and the Canadians light off more fire works on the 4th of July then anything. It's glorious.
But this last week we taught Ann a lot. She feeds us a lot of food. We get fed by more non-members then members in the branch. It's actually pretty great because that means the town loves us, and we're teaching. Ann didn't come to church. She's pretty set in her ways, but I know if she reads the Book of Mormon, she'll feel the spirit. Also, we started teaching a new family in Gull Lake. They're very knowledgeable Evangelists. I always love teaching the restoration to someone who's very knowledgeable about doctrine. Tests my skills a little bit, and confirms my testimony that we literally teach with the spirit of truth.

On Wednesday we drove into Moose Jaw. We had our Zone Training Meeting over there. It was really good. Our Zone Leaders taught on the importance of families and following up. Really good training that I needed. I also got to wear my new suit that I bought on Monday for $7. You're not a true missionary untill you have a thrift store suit. 

The members in this branch are some of the best. There's a member family, the Parsons that went down and saw my family this last week. They dropped off a package, and picked one up. They're the best! 

Thanks everyone for your support!

Elder Jake Sorenson

No comments:

Post a Comment