Monday, July 14, 2014

Week of July 13, 2014

This has to be one of the busiest weeks of my mission. At least since I came to Gull Lake. I love being busy. Not saying that it all has to do with me, but I've really seen things pick up in this area since I got here. Elder Blackburn and I have really seen the area grow and now there's never a dull moment. Super good.
Monday night we got to meet with our town council and meet with them on a project called "communities in Bloom" It's a service project that they want our help on to clean up and beautify the town. They love our help, and we've found investigators from it so we do it. 

Thursday was also good, we did some service, and hung some flyers up for church on Sunday. We went to the care center and played some cards with some old fogies there and got to meet some people who were really interested in who we were, one of them invited us over for supper on Sunday night. 

Friday we drove 45 min south of town to meet with a less-active Ron. He's a great guy who used to bull ride. We got to know him, and shared a couple of things with him, then drove back. I love travelling out here.

Saturday was crazy, we invited everyone we could to Church on sunday because we were planning on having it at our apartment. One lady we met was named Evelyn. She met with missionaries in the Vancouver mission in BC way back when. They gave her a Book Of Mormon, she read it cover to cover, and believed everything in it. The only reason she wasn't baptised is because of her husband. But she divorced him, so now it's our time. 

Sunday was the day. We held church in our apartment, and it was really good. We had our branch president come and preside, and Elder Blackburn and I spoke. We had Evelyn with her husband come. As well as Ann, and a less-active that lives here in town. We were almost matched investigators to members! It was amazing. One experience I'll never forget. 

After our church, we got invited to go to the Anglican church and that was an interesting service to say the least. And after them, we ate at Wendy's house. The lady at the care home. They're Catholic, but super friendly and wanted to know everything about us. Super good. We now get fed by more non-members then members. 

Well, I'm just loving it up here. Being a missionary is so much fun, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I get my testimony confirmed everyday that Christ lives and loves his people. I know that this church is true and that the work of salvation is hastening. Even in places where it's hard. Like Canada where everyone's content. 

That's my week, had a lot to write about! love you guys

-Elder Jake H Sorenson

No comments:

Post a Comment