Monday, July 21, 2014

Week of July 20, 2014

Is it just me, or is time getting faster and faster? But I'm enjoying it at least. This last week was great. We saw some good miracles, and had the same church attendance as last week, but church was 30 min away!

Tuesday was pretty good. We were doing some service in the morning, and when we left, we were walking in Gull Lake and I had stopped to tie my shoe. Good thing I did because right after we ran into Don and Evelyn, our new investigators. We were talking with them and Evelyn asked us "so same time next week for church?" We told her it was actually going to be in Swift current, 30 min away, and she said "Okay, same time then? I know where it's at." Solid response. She's ready. 

Saturday was pretty good, we were walking around town and it was pretty dead. We both felt impressed to stop by some less-active members in town. Which was weird because they don't like us stopping by without an appointment. But we didn't question it, and went anyway. On the way there, we ran into a lady named Donna. She's from a ranch about 30 min out of town, and she was asking us where we were from and what not. The usual q's. But then she asked us if we've ever been to cypress hills where she lives, and we said no, because we have to go with a purpose. And she said, well what if you come visit me? Of course we didn't turn it down so we'll go this next week. 

As for farming, and catching birds, we went out to a member's farm this last week and did some service. It was super fun, but we mainly just did weed control. With some weed eaters. Good times. And Three times this week Elder Blackburn and I have come accross birds that can't fly. I caught a pigeon, And Elder blackburn got two baby birds. 

Well, onto sunday. Like I said, we had the same attendance as last week, but this time church was at the branch building in Swift Current, 30 min away. All our investigators showed up and loved it. Including Ann, Don, Evelyn, and our less-active members too! Crazy. 

Well, that's my week. Love you guys
Elder Jake Sorenson

No comments:

Post a Comment