Monday, May 12, 2014

Week of May 11, 2014

This week's been crazy! And that's great! I always love a busy week. Basically, here's a couple stories, because that's what everyone loves. (sorry for everyone that I talked to on mother's day, this is a repeat)
On Tuesday we headed 2 hours down to Saskatoon for a Zone training meeting, and it was pretty great. I love Saskatoon, it's a pretty city. But when we were heading to lunch, our truck started squeaking and we didn't know what it was, so we called our vehicle guy in Winnipeg. He said it was probably the bearing in the tire ceasing up and we would have to replace it. Mind you, we're two hours from Prince Albert and have no idea how to get around. But we went to lunch anyways, and our tire almost came off, so it made for a good time. Basically what ended up happening was we switched cars with some elders down there so they could get it fixed, and we could get back to PA. I felt so bad for them. But they got my truck.

Anyways, for lunch that day, we all ate 1 LBS burgers, and then we died. It was no bueno.  

We had a pretty good exchange this last week with the other elders on Thursday. I went with an elder in my district who's been here a while but not as long as me. His name's elder Hanson, and this was our 3rd exchange. It was pretty great. One thing that was interesting is on Wednesday we had two appointments, and they both rescheduled to Thursday for the exchange. That was weird. But the exchange showed me that my street contacting skills are still pretty sharp.

Couple more things: This last weekend we had a huge ward service project out in a small town called Birch Hills, it's about half an hour south east of town. but what we did was we re-shingled a members house out there. It was a lot of fun. But their house is big, and has a lot of peaks, so we're not even done, and it's taken two days of work already! wahoo!

So This last sunday was mother's day! Yay! Happy mother's day to all you mother's out there. Every day should be mother's day so we would remember to show our appreciation. I know with my Mom, I wouldn't be here without her. Obviously, I wouldn't be born. But besides that, she's nurtured me, and raised me right, so that I'm here, serving the Lord. Thanks for everything Mom! Love you!

Thanks for everything that you guys do.

Love, Elder Jake Sorenson

No comments:

Post a Comment