Sunday, December 8, 2013

Week of Dec. 1, 2013

Well. I just have to say that this last week was..... depressing. Haha. Seems like everything is just going down hill, and my area is slow. It seems like I've been reporting 0's my whole mission. I never let it get to me until now. I've been trying to do a lot of accounting for my work, and for my mission, and when I look back on the work that I've done, I've done a great effort, but no one out here, at least in my area, wants to listen. Or change. It gets frustrating. I know that I'm in this mission for a reason, and I think that reason is so I can learn patience, and humility. I thought I knew those traits. Turns out I don't.
 
Here's the stories I have this week- On Tuesday, we met a guy named Phillip that investigated in Brandon for a year, and was supposed to be baptized, but moved to Winnipeg the week before it happened. Also he has a bad smoking, drinking, and coffee problem. But he's a super great guy. We Taught him twice, and then he moved back to Brandon, so we handed him back to the Elders up there. 
 
 We got our car inspected on Wednesday, to see if there was actually any damage that we would have to pay for after Elder Martin hit somebody last week, and it turns out we have to have the whole bumper replaced, and it's going to cost $1,902 to do that. ridiculous I know. Also On Wednesday we exchanged with our zone leaders. I love my ZL's. I went with Elder Simister Who's from St. George. He actually used to play on the Dixie State basketball team. He's really funny, and we get along great. So being the District leader's comp. Has it's perks. We mainly just street contacted in the snow all day, and it was really fun.
 
So it sounds like a pretty great week so far yeah? Well, here's where it starts to go bad. So Thursday morning we woke up, and Elder Martin tells me that the floor is wet, and that my closet is flooded. The first thing that my mind went to is that the toilet flooded. And sometimes, I hate it when I'm right. So we spent the whole morning cleaning it up and it was just awful, But the day got better as we did some service, and had Thanksgiving dinner with the young women in our ward. So it wasn't all bad. But the reason the week was depressing, was every appointment we had on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday all canceled. It was just the worst. Some of our investigators dropped us, and some are just becoming Lazy, or too busy for their own salvation.
 
Now Joe, He's a great guy, he's our baptismal date, but we didn't get to meet at all this week, and he didn't come to church. It made us mad at first, but then we were just sad. Yesterday threw me into a state of mind where I questioned why I was here, why I believe what I do, why it's so hard. We have the truth. Why don't people just flock to the font? The thing is, I know the answer to all of these questions. And I know why I'm here, and I know why it's hard. It just breaks my heart every time when we tell someone that Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation, and that they get to be with their families forever because of him, and they flat out turn it away.
 
 I guess this is just another week up here. But I'll try and make the best of it as I always do. We get our transfer calls this week, and I have the feeling Elder Martin is leaving and I'm staying to train. I hope I stay. I have two reasons. 1) we get to spend Christmas with a great family in our ward, and 2) Christmas Eve, we get to spend Christmas with the stake president, and all the missionaries in the city. Now, some of you might now Brent Robison. He's my friend that lives in Provo. His dad just happens to be the stake president of the Manitoba stake. He's actually in the ward I'm serving in. And Brent's coming up for Christmas, so I'll get to see him. It's going to be super weird. Anyways, keep writing me guys.
Love you all
Elder Sorenson

No comments:

Post a Comment