Monday, December 16, 2013

Week of Dec 15, 2013

Wow, What a week it's been. I's been pretty crazy, but It's been a lot better than the last few weeks have been. I was a going through a little roller coaster there for a bit, but Thanks everyone for supporting me, and I really have felt the love and the prayers. So here's how my week went in a nutshell:

Monday and tuesday were pretty crazy, just trying to get everything together, and getting ready to leave. Just had to say goodbye to everyone I needed to mainly. I couldn't believe I was actually leaving Winnipeg. I was also excited because I've heard nothing but good things about Prince Albert, just wasn't excited for the 13 hour drive it is to get there. Wednesday rolled around, and I went to my last district meeting in St. James, and out to Olive Garden after wards. We taught a former investigator that night named Larry, he's an amazing guy, and we have no idea why he's not a member yet. We were teaching him about the book of mormon, and he believes it's true, he knows Joseph Smith was a prophet, and he knows basically what he needs to do in life. And he looks like santa clause! Ha. But we couldn't find any concerns of his, and we're so used to teaching troubled people that the lesson didn't go so well. But I'm super excited to see if he goes somewhere. 

Thursday was also pretty crazy. We were supposed to leave on thursday, but due to weather conditions, we got held up in Winnipeg till Friday morning, so we had to take Elder Martin's new trainee, and I had to take a new missionary as well, and we went on exchanges for the day in our area and just broke them in a little. It was fun, but I wish I could have left because we didn't find anybody. But soon enough Friday morning came, and we had the 13 hour drive ahead...

Friday's drive actually went by super fast I have no idea why. At first I was in a 15 passenger van, for 6 hours to Regina, Saskatchewan. I slept most of the way, and talked music with an other elder in the back the rest of the way. It was super good. After we got in Regina, we loaded up our bags in a truck, and I got in with my MTC comp, and two new missionaries, and I actually got to drive the truck up to Saskatoon, which was an other 5 hours, but it was really fun, and went by fast as well. I got to see the only hill in the whole mission! haha. After we got in Saskatoon, it was dark, and we can't travel at night anymore so we spent the night in Saskatoon with the Zone leaders, where I met my new companion, Elder Hindes. Saturday morning, Elder Hindes and I drove up to Prince Albert which took 2 hours completing the 13 hour drive. I still can't believe how far away I am from everything. P.A.'s a little town out in the middle of no where. It's very pretty here, surrounded by trees so there's not too much wind like Winnipeg, but it still is cold. Although today was only -5. So it's warmed up. 

So P.A. just barely opened up sister missionaries. We haven't had sisters in P.A. for 20 years, and it's the furthest north sisters can go so far. On sunday they got a huge welcome to the ward, and they've seen miracles already. Like less actives walking up to them and asking if they could come to church. I'm super excited for this transfer. Also on sunday we drove out to nipawin. it's about a half hour out of town, and had dinner with a member. It was an incredible drive, I couldn't believe some of the scenery out here. It's weird to think because I expected it to be just flat and snow. But it's actually just breathtaking. It's nice. 

Little bit about Elder Hindes. He's from Santaquin, Utah. He's a funny guy and we get along great. He's served in P.A. and Saskatoon his whole mission. So all he knows is these outlying areas, and all I know is the city. Two opposite ends. I'll send a picture of us holding German and Russian WWII guns that we were messing around with last night at a less active's house. They were pretty neat.

I'm excited to serve in P.A. I just feel great here and I don't want to leave. We haven't done much yet. We have a couple valid excuses. One is because we've been in a tri-pan because the other Elder's companion doesn't come in from Flin-Flon till zone conference. Two, we've been figuring out situations with the sisters. Three, because of transfers we've been out of town like crazy. Four, we're heading to zone conference tomorrow which is two hours away in Saskatoon. So we have a lot to do once everything settles. I'm pumped. 

I love all you guys
Elder Jake Sorenson

No comments:

Post a Comment