Tuesday, March 11, 2014

March 10, 2014

Prince Albert Saskatchewan Canada. Easy to draw, hard to spell. Also, where we don't have Daylight savings! haha but really it was a good week up here. I'm having the time of my life! and what it sounds like you guys are too. Not a whole lot happened up here this last week, but it did warm up a little bit and the snow on the road melted but it's still here. The funniest part is that I say it warmed up but it's still 30*f. we just get excited and put shorts on when it gets to 0*c. that's just because we've seen -40 for sooooo long! haha but I hear that the cold is behind us finally! but now the 3' of snow's all going to melt and the roads are going to flood! yay! 

So we taught this guy named joey and his common-law wife named jamie. They're very humble but you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover! haha they have tattoos everywhere but they love the gospel and want to come to church so bad. We taught them about the restoration and they loved it, we left them with a book of mormon and just bore solid testimony and it was great. Other than them, we taught the birds which is always a hand full. It was crazy! teaching those 6 little girls is just.... crazy. We always have to think and be on our toes, because with a large native family, the'll steal things and cry, and just go nuts if you don't know what to do. Usually it has to involve coloring or an object lesson. So we taught them the word of wisdom. It went well. 

We also taught Eric this last week. Oh man, that guy is just a power house. I love teaching that guy! He found out that I like blink 182 so he had it playing in the back when we came over. I got mad at him and said it had to go, but he said it was his house :) but he tuned it off. But we had a very spiritual lesson with him about charity and home teaching. we did a practice home teaching because he just got called and we were helping him out, and he's a great teacher. It was great! We actually took him to a lesson the next day and he was just fantastic. I don't know what else to say about that guy other than the gospel changes people so much. I mean we met him 2 months ago and since he's been baptised, he's grown so much.

One of my favorite parts of the week is Sunday. I get to teach the gospel principles class at church that all the investigators come to and it's a lot of fun. I just get so into teaching. One thing i've found since coming on my mission is that I hated teaching at first and before my mission, but now I love it. And the Lord helps you out. And gives you the words to say. I love it when I start bearing my testimony, and the words come, and the spirit fills the room. I'm going to miss that when I go home. 

Yeah, that's basically my week. I'm going crazy up here. We just got a sister up here from Germany. And I just figured out that Brady Merrill from P.G. just came into my mission, so I'll have to find out where he's at. 

Thanks everyone for reading my boring email and for your prayers and support!
Love you,
Elder Jake Sorenson

No comments:

Post a Comment