Monday, March 17, 2014

Week of March 16, 2014

Good week this week in the great white north... It's still white.... I want something else... Green... Please.... The snow's been here for the vast majority of my mission. But it's melting ever so slowly. Funny thing I realized this last week. we've had the snow for a while, and I thought the snow would be there one minute, and gone the next. But I neglected the gray area in between, and I never took into account the melt. And when it's flat, there's no runoff like back where we have mountains, so where does the water go? EVERYWHERE! I've never seen my shoes so nasty in my life haha. but it's good, and fun to go driving in the truck just to see how dirty we can get it and what kind of puddles we can splash. 

This week was good but slow. We taught the bird's which was nice. We took a primary teacher over there that knew them because she's their neighbor, it went really well, and was probably the best lesson we've ever taught them. Good times. 

The highlight of my week was that I got to travel down to the temple in Regina with the ward here. It was a 4 hour drive that we took on Friday night and we did a session then, and did baptisms in the morning, then drove back up. It was a blast. Eric came with us and he had a lot of fun. I'll send a picture of me and him there. I got to spend the night with the missionaries down there, and see a missionary I used to know from Winnipeg there so we caught up. An other great thing was the car ride was with President Fowler. He's in our Mission presidency, but he's in the Prince Albert ward, so I got to know him really well and talk to him for a bit. It was fantastic. The thing is the Regina temple is tiny, not like the ones back home. I'll send some pictures. IT was beautiful.

In other news Sunday was great. We had a senior couple come and speak to us that came home from Russia. They served in the Siberia side of Russia and had some good stories. They told us how Prince Albert had a worse winter than they did. Made me feel special =P. But they also taught about getting over your spiritual "normalna" which is a Russian word for "as Usual" or getting over just going through life and especially the church and just going through the motions. He asked, What can you do more? which I never really asked and then applied until I came out on my mission. My mission's taught my a whole lot, and I love it. Don't want to trade it for anything.

It was +2 today, so I'm wearing short sleeves!!

Love you guys, thanks for all your prayers and support.
Elder Sorenson

No comments:

Post a Comment