Monday, March 3, 2014

Week of March 2, 2014

Slower week here in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada. We taught a lot, but it was soooo cold. Everyone said it was supposed to warm up mid-february but this last week it dipped down to -50! it was pretty crazy, and i'm getting sick of the snow. It's been here for 4 months! and from what I hear, it'll be here for an other 2! It's not like Utah where the snow falls, then melts then falls again. It just falls in November, gets frozen, and doesn't leave till April! crazy. But here's some stories from this week, I'll try to keep it short. 

We taught Warner again on Monday, and Sunday. He's the guy that we're helping stop smoking. He's been smoke free for a week now and I'm happy for him. We taught him about the book of mormon, and also taught him one of the best restoration lessons I've ever taught. The spirit was so strong, and you could just see him lighting up. I love that. Wednesday I went on Exchanges with Elder Hanson in my district and helped him out a little bit to get the ball rolling in his area. It's a very slow area so hopefully things'll pick up. Friday we got to go to the dump! haha doesn't sound too exciting but we were helping a less-active move her brother out, and we took a bunch of trash in our truck out to the dump. It's out of town to the north, and the drive there was beautiful! only problem was it was -50 that day haha so it was fairly cold. Also on thursday we taught the Bird's. It was so fun. We made little restoration puzzles and taught the little girls. It was so much fun. I hope they'll be ready for their baptism in a couple weeks. Saturday wasn't too bad, but we did a lot of planning and then drove out to Wahpeyton reserve where we got "lunched." It made me pretty mad, but I always love the drive out there. 

Yesterday (Sunday) was pretty great. We had a great church service, and Elder Hindes and I taught sunday school again. It's a lot of fun. After church held the highlight of my week. Eric, our new recent convert, got the priesthood! It was amazing. Elder Hindes ordained him, but I got to stand in with the bishop and all of his counselors. Truly one of the best experiences on my mission. After church we taught Warner, and went to give someone the sacrament. We also went to the best member-missionary family I've ever met- The Yawneys. Oh man I love them so much! haha we had dinner over there with Eric and His investigator friend Cindy. 

That's basically my week in a nut-shell. We also got transfer calls, and Elder Hindes and I are both staying in Prince Albert for an other transfer. This'll be our 3rd together. I'm looking forward to it. 
The pictures are of my district (only 6 missionaries for the next 2 hours away.) and the other picture is the "

gateway" to northern Saskatchewan, and one of the biggest hills in the mission :)

Love you guys! Thanks for all your prayers and support.
-Elder Jake Sorenson

No comments:

Post a Comment