Monday, March 24, 2014

Week of March 23, 2014

Alright. That's what this week was. It was alright. I figure that Canada has these 4 seasons- Almost winter, Winter, Still winter, and Construction. But really, when it goes from last week, where everything melts, and there's water on the road, then to this week, going to -30. The roads turn into solid ice. Wha-hoo! That's a good time. But we actually had some fun this week so let's talk.

On tuesday our zone leaders came up for an exchange which is always a treat. We went with an Elder named Elder Schofield. I knew him a little bit because I spent the night with him once when he transferred into Winnipeg and I was there. But we got to know him a little better. I made him some mexican burritos that night which was surprising because it's really hard to find refried beans in Canada. We taught a new investigator named Marcell on Tuesday as well. He's a great guy, we were going to teach him the restoration, but the conversation just kind of lead to the plan of salvation. Crazy how the spirit leads you to those things sometimes.

Friday was interesting, we were invited to a roundance. It's basically a native dance where they beat drums and sing in Cree and people dance around them in a circle. It was a lot of fun. We got to participate and we felt a little out of place there seeing how we were the only white dudes there. Needless to say we were in white shirts and ties. Good times. 

So on Saturday we finally found that we were out of things to try doing to find new people. So we went TrAcTiNg. We don't do that a lot in this mission, because it doesn't work in the CWM. It might in other places in the world, but not here, we use it as a last resort. We went for a bit and really didn't find much, but this one guy basically said- "yeah i'm not interested, but come into my house and check out my home theater system and listen to dub-step for the next half hour!" it was pretty crazy. For those of you that know me, I know sound systems, and I know that it was crazy. That is all.

That brings me to Sunday. Church was great. We had Warner come to church. Warner's our investigator that we're getting to stop smoking. During church the bishopric all spoke and they gave amazing talks on repentance. It was so spiritual and I was glad Warner was there, but I was so sad/appalled because Warner said that he didn't want to meet with us anymore after the meeting. But my mood got brightened up by teaching class and playing the piano in primary. Good times. I love Sundays because we sometimes go out of town to dinner appointments because most of the ward lives out of town, so we pack all 6 missionaries in our truck and head out. It's fantastic, and Sundays are just relaxing. 

Those are my stories for the week. I'm finding it hard to stay motivated sometimes, mainly just because doing the same schedule day in and day out with the same people in the same town for over 3 1/2 months gets old. haha I still have a long way to go though! Take it easy guys!

Thanks everyone for your prayers and support.
This is Elder Sorenson 
signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment