Monday, March 31, 2014

Week of March 31, 2014

Welcome to spring time in Saskatchewan my dear friends. Where the temperature is -30 and there is still 3' of snow on the ground. (if you can't tell I like spelling Saskatchewan, and I hate winter) I have Spring FEVER! yay! haha. So this last week was pretty good. We didn't teach a whole lot, but we set up a lot of stuff for the coming weeks so we'll see what happens. 

So Monday was a great day. I finally fulfilled my dreams in eating balut. For those of you that don't know what it is, it's a fertilized duck egg that's mostly developed and then boiled. It's a Filipino dish, so we had it at a Filipino member's house, and I was one of the brave souls that ate two birds. It was pretty good. Tasted like a salty boiled egg but with bones and feathers if that gets the image in your mind. I'll send pictures of it :)

I find that being the only 6 missionaries that are 2 hours from the next set of missionaries, we tend to play practical jokes on eachother. So I changed my number in the sister's phone to our mission president's number and messed with them that way. Let's just say it was good times of them freaking out a little bit. Just wanted to add that in there for no reason.

In other news I went on an exchange with Elder Hanson from our district and we went to a reserve north of town, and also taught a less active member that wanted to watch Johnny Lingo with us on VHS. it was the best! There was still snow everywhere, but it somewhat melted, so dirt roads+puddles=dirty truck/ a lot of fun.

Also we met with our Elder's Quorum president this last week. He's a year and a half convert, and is the best! we organized the setting up of a branch up in northern Saskatchewan, and a ping-pong tournament in between conference sessions, and also a fireside. He gets work done. I like him a lot. 

So church was interesting this week. The Bishopric here has 4 members, a bishop and 3 counselors, and they just happened to be all gone this last week. So it was the first time I saw a high priest group leadership in charge of the meeting. Very interesting. But still good. 

Well, I'm excited for this next week, It's conference weekend, and we get to figure out which of the apostles is coming to our mission, and hopefully this snow will melt, because It's getting old. 

Well, thank you guys for your love and support.
Love, Elder Jake Sorenson
Signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment